No watchlist here yesterday because of database issues, but they seem to be fixed now. Good day yesterday, probably over traded but the only trade I closed was $CLNE, nice trade but I was out way too soon…
Small list today, trying to focus.
Today’s List: Full list from Yahoo Finance
InterCloud Systems, Inc. (ICLD) -NasdaqCM
I’m early on this, but kept my size decent. Hoping for a fade off of $4.25 with a stop at $4.50
Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (CLNE) -NasdaqGS
Array BioPharma, Inc. (ARRY) -NasdaqGM
Sitting basically flat on othis, annoying to watch it all day. I’ll cover into any move, if it goes up I’m done, I’m not that convinced.
Glu Mobile, Inc. (GLUU) -NasdaqGS
Blegh, same as $ARRY, mediocre setup, I would have been better ditching it and waiting for spikes. This is probably basing so would have been better to wait for it higher.
Kind of have my morning already set since I held three shitty setups overnight. All three are small position sizes though since I never really liked any of them. $IDRA and $ARRY, and probably 50/50 at best, the might drop they might squeeze me out. I’ll admit they were boredom trades yesterday afternoon. I did well in the morning and probably should have just packed it in during the afternoon. All afternoon the $SPY was trending back towards green so nothing short was going to crack. Something I need to work on is recognizing slow afternoons and learning to walk away.
Made decent money on this and had a nice cover into the mid morning drop, but then re-enterered when it looked weak and was thinking it would crack $4, it held and ground up a little late day. I’ll be looking to cover flat unless it trends consistently down.
Spiking a little premarket, but my position is small, I won’t add in pre but I’d be game to add into some weakness after open.
Same plan as IDRA, if it tracks sideways or grinds up, its not a good enough setup to waste all day watching it.
Nice strong move off the bottom, I’ll be looking for a top to set risk against, ideally some sort of gap up out of the gate to let me risk against HOD.
Traded this well yesterday, I entered in the early morning top and covered into the late morning crack. It ground back and I though about shorting mid afternoon. Bummed I didn’t, especially since the only reason I didn’t was because I said to myself “You have too many positions already” And all those positions are mediocre..
Covered at $4.85 for peanuts, gave it a chance to crack and looks like it could grind all day.
Kind of an aggravating day yesterday, shorted $ARRY and $IDRA late day, both pretty mediocre setups. $ARRY, could fade, but I should have covered $IDRA into the last minute spike. I went into both of these with the swing mindset and swing size, but that being said probably should have just skipped them. I did short a VERY solid setup $FRAN, yesterday, but was dicking around with $IDRA and $ARRY so I covered for puny gains, then it cracked late day. I say it all the time, but I need to focus on fewer setups and be patient for them to come to me, if they don’t so be it.
Pulling back from its aftermarket highs, I should have known something was up what it ran that hard into the close. I chose to hold and there was a PR after hours. By the time I saw it, it had calmed down and quit spiking so I held. I will look to add if it doesnt spike out of the gate. If it gets going again I’ll cover for the loss.
Looks pretty tired and it did show up on my “red candle floater” scan, I’m basically flat in it right now, not sure if it will be volatile today. So again its a swing, I’ll cover into any washes.
Skipped this yesterday, was a decent fade after a couple tops in the morning. I’ll look to short if it runs to $9, otherwise will probably just ignore.
Probably no play here, I’m just watching because I botched it yesterday.
Hopefully a parabolic out of the gate to set risk against, then I’ll short with HOD as risk.
Looking for a gap up and fade.
Shorted $ARRY $4.90, not interested in adding to strength, just looking for a fade. Stop loss at $5, would like to swing this a couple days.